Attending Events at the American Academy in Berlin: Special COVID-19 Policies and Requirements
The health and safety of our fellows, guests, and staff is of utmost importance to us. The American Academy in Berlin meets or exceeds all health requirements and mandates by the Berlin state and German federal governments. These may be found at www.berlin.de/corona/en/measures.
Registering for on-site events
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are only able to accommodate a very limited number of guests at the American Academy in Berlin. We kindly ask for your understanding that registrations for on-site events are currently limited to one registration per person per semester.
- You may only attend an on-site event upon the prior confirmation of your participation by the American Academy in Berlin. If you are unsure about the status of your registration, please contact email@example.com.
- When registering, kindly include your name, valid address, email address, and phone number. If you are registering more than one participant, please provide this information for them as well and indicate whether you are members of the same household. American Academy in Berlin data processing information: americanacademy.de/data-processing-information
Attending on-site events
- By attending an event, you agree to observe the health and safety regulations in effect at the American Academy in Berlin in accordance with existing government regulations and local circumstances at all times. You also agree to adhere to on-site instructions and guidance provided by American Academy in Berlin staff.
- You are kindly asked to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters to all persons not from your own household at all times. A mask covering the nose and mouth must be worn throughout the building while you are not seated. A mask covering the nose and mouth must also be worn outdoors when a distance of 1.5 meters to other persons cannot be maintained.
- Upon arrival, please use the hand sanitizer provided and directly take your seat. Note that there will be no reception before or after the event.
- Participation is not permitted if you have experienced fever, sore throat, cough, or any flu-like symptoms over the last two weeks.
Please note that these policies and requirements are subject to change on short notice. Thank you in advance for helping us to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you as our guest.
American Academy in Berlin, September 15, 2020