Jobs / Internships
Press and Communications Intern
The American Academy in Berlin is seeking an intern in the communications department starting immediately. The intern will work in our media department and will be trained and supervised but given responsibility for drafting and distributing press releases, fact sheets, and backgrounders as well as conducting follow-up work with journalists. S/he will also contribute to the Academy's digital and social media outreach. The Communications Intern will work in a fast-paced environment to communicate the work of internationally acclaimed scholars and artists to a broad public as well as the work of global policy-makers involved in solving current political, social and economic problems.
Regular duties will include:
• Researching trends in politics, arts, humanities
• Drafting outreach materials such as press releases
• Distributing media materials and working directly with reporters, under supervision
• Participating in high-level events
• Monitoring and documenting media coverage • Assisting with interviews
• Managing the press database
• Supporting online-communication and marketing
• Political and press-related research.
The applicant should have a strong interest in press and communications work and be able to commit to a minimum of three months. The internship is full-time, and the candidate must be eligible to work in Germany and have excellent command of German.
• Strong writing ability
• Some press-related experience through a prior internship or field of study
• Excellent skills in MS-Office and web-based research
• Excellent German and English skills
• Interest in American culture and politics
• Familiarity with social media and online marketing.
Interns receive €300 per month. Please submit your application as a single PDF document (CV and cover-letter) to Maria Ihle at email@example.com