Jobs / Internships
Press and Communications Intern
The American Academy in Berlin is seeking an intern in the press and communications department starting September 15, 2014.
The applicant should have a strong interest in press and communications work and be able to commit to a minimum of three months, ideally until December 31, 2014. The internship is full-time, and the candidate must be eligible to work in Germany.
During the period of the internship, the applicant will work closely with the press officer on, among other projects, the 2014 Kissinger Prize ceremony, twentieth anniversary celebrations, press outreach and monitoring, and the Academy's digital and social media communications for fall 2014.
Regular duties will include:
• Monitoring and documentation of media coverage
• Assisting in the organization of events, administration, supervision of interviews
• Management of press database
• Supporting online-communication and marketing
• Political and press-related research
Further qualifications sought:
• Some press-releated experience through a prior internship or field of study
• Excellent skills in MS-Office and web-based research
• Fluency in German (ideally native speaker); excellent English skills , both verbal and written
• Interest in American culture and politics
• Familiarity with social media and online marketing
Interns at the American Academy in Berlin receive €300 per month. Please submit your application as a single PDF document (CV and cover-letter) by Friday, September 5, 2014 to Coralie Wörner at firstname.lastname@example.org